Thursday, February 23, 2012

"Who Put the Glad in Gladiator?!"

So a brief post on today before I head off to bed:

TODAY WAS AWESOME! We had our last day of continuation period classes, hallelujah! Then we boarded a short bus ride to Italica, the first capital of the ROMAN EMPIRE! Woah! It was amazing. The ruins of the Coliseum (one of the three largest in Europe!) were amazing to see. Once again, words and pictures can do it no justice. Just come here, okay?! Come visit me!

All in all, today was amazing. After returning home from Italica, I put on my bikini and headed to the rooftop of our house with my towel, pillow and ipod for some prime tanning time in the Spanish Sun. Needless to say, I ended up falling asleep on the roof for an hour. Best siesta I have yet to take! My back and shoulders hurt now from laying on the stone, but oh it was so worth it! After my tanning, I was called down for lunch, which was my favorite creamy vegetable soup, some awesome little breaded cheese/meat ball things, a half bocadillo with a fillet of pork with lemony sauce, and some cerveza. After lunch, I returned to the roof, where I continued my siesta, which was more like a food induced coma. I woke up after thirty mins and studied on for my exams, and then came back down to relax, change into normal clothes, and get ready for dinner. Dinner was equally delicious today: roasted chicken with white wine/lemon sauce, cream of vegetable soup, and fresh bread. I am a full and happy girl, right now.

Tomorrow, I have two final exams, and then I will spend the afternoon napping on the roof, and then getting ready to go out to the discoteca with mis amigos.

Tony is going away to Cadiz this weekend to visit her family, so Ebony and I will be here with Manuel. We plan to spend more time outside enjoying the sun and exploring the city more.

Loving Spain. Loving the sun. Loving my life.