Sunday, April 15, 2012

“Life Carries On”

Hola, everyone!

How has the week/weekend treated you? My week went by pretty slow and felt long, but I guess that’s how the weeks always start to feel as the semester nears a close: stressful, overwhelming, and full to the brim with things to do. This past week started off slowly, because it was the first week back to school after a 13 day spring break, of which I spent half of in Africa on vacation. All of my teachers were talking about final papers and final projects and final exams that are all coming up very shortly within the last four weeks of the semester. I have two research papers that are due on May 2nd that I have been working on this weekend, but I am still overwhelmed a bit with having to research and write a long paper completely in Spanish. Not that I haven’t done this before at CMU, but I feel like here it is worth more and the grading is going to be a lot harsher. To be honest, I am scared to death to turn in these papers! I have been researching a lot this weekend, and making progress, but judgment day will happen when I actually hand them over for grading.

In some good news, I got a 94% on my literature midterm, and a 98% on my history midterm! So hopefully that trend will continue for my final exam! However, I only got a 75% on my business midterm, which I am incredibly unhappy about. I guess that means that I will just be throwing all of my efforts into studying very hard for my final exam.

Other than all of my anxiety about the impending finals ahead, the week passed without much more to speak of. Ebony and I had some of our girlfriends over to our house this weekend for a sleepover, and we made puppy chow and no bake oreo balls (to the best of our ability, Spain lacked some ingredients that we needed, so we had to improvise). We ordered pizza and watched scary movies and generally just laughed a lot and had a great night. In the morning, or more like afternoon, when we eventually woke up, we made French Toast! Something that they never eat in Spain, really. It was delicious, since breakfast isn’t really a huge meal here, mostly consisting of toast and ham or some coffee and a piece of fruit. I miss pancakes, and I can’t wait to come home and go to ihop!

I got Ebony started on watching the tv series “True Blood” this weekend. Looks like we know what we’re gonna be doing when we’re not doing homework! ;)

I know that I should be enjoying the last month that I have hear, but with all the school things that are coming up, I am just feeling stressed, tired and homesick. I love Spain, so I know the feelings will subside eventually once I get my assignments back under control again. I will feel very relieved once I finish my papers, this week.

I leave for home in ONE MONTH FROM TOMORROW! I am very excited, but I will miss Spain very much when I leave. In the next month before coming home I have to: write two research papers, take three final exams, go to Portugal, go to Prague to visit Brent, go to Madrid with Brent, pack, pack, pack! So much to do in so little time!

I hope that everyone has a great week, and that everyone at CMU is kicks butt on final exams! And also, congrats to all my favorite guys in Beta Theta Pi Fraternity on their new pledge class!